We’re excited to have you join the LCPS family.
How To Enroll
Students must be five years old on or before Aug. 31 of the current school year to start kindergarten.
1. Complete the enrollment form for your child’s grade level. The required form is available at your school. (Note: students must sign up for bus service when enrolling.)
2. Gather these materials:
- A certified copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of your Lenoir County address (current water, gas, or electric bill in parent’s name that is no more than 30 days old, newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old, settlement statement or offer-to-purchase agreement)
- A photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Your child’s immunization record
- Any custody documents
3. Return the completed form with supporting documents to your child’s base school to enroll. We recommend calling ahead.
4. State law requires that every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. The medical provider, parent or guardian must provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child’s first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Lenoir County schools, area doctors’ offices or at the Lenoir County Health Department.
Parents whose children do not have a regular physician can get health assessments and immunizations through the Lenoir County Health Department.
A parent or guardian has 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30 day period, any child without a health assessment shall be prohibited from attending school until he or she has obtained the required assessment.
Click on the appropriate link below to see a map of the school attendance zones for Lenoir County Public Schools.