Our History

    • Banks Elementary was built in 1957 and renovated in 2002 and 2010.
    • Banks got its name from a two-room schoolhouse called Banks Chapel School. 
    • Banks was originally built to help over-crowded situations at other schools.
    • Banks was originally a first to eighth grade school, and with the creation of North Lenoir in 1964, became one of the three feeder schools to the high school. Banks is now a K-5 school.